This course is designed specifically for supervisors and managers dealing with difficult conversations in the workplace.
Students will learn the benefits of positive intent, active listening skills, and asking strategically relevant questions to get to the heart of any conflict or situation. Students will study the processes of framing their conversations, selecting environments beneficial to their conversational goals, and creating safe environments when speaking. These tools will ultimately help learners get to the root of any problem.
Course topics include:
- Establishing Your Frame of Reference
- Establishing Positive Intent
- Identifying the Desired Outcome
- Steps for a Difficult Conversation
- Creating a Conversation Template
- Managing Your Body Language and Emotions
- Speaking Persuasively / Active Listening
- Asking Questions / Probing Techniques
- Considering/Planning for the Consequences
Our programs can be customised into 1 or 2 day courses or delivered in a modules format and delivered on-site. One day in-house programs start at $2500 for up to 10 participants. Each participant receives pre-course assignment, manual, additional resources and reading list and personal action plan.